IGCSE Exam Prep – Chemistry
This programme is open to students taking the IGCSE 0620 (Chemistry) core/extended syllabuses.
Each of the 6 sessions in this programme tackle different topics covered in the examination including those that many students struggle with, such as Stoichiometry, Electricity and Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry. Students can look forward to mastering how to analyse questions and data to identify the best way to apply key concepts and avoid common pitfalls. See the Programme Details section below for a more comprehensive look at the programme.
Book your seat now and secure your child’s results.
Class timings are based on SG/MY time zone
- This programme is open to students taking the IGCSE 0620 (Chemistry) core/extended syllabuses.
- This programme is designed for students to review the key topics that they commonly struggle with and focuses on honing their mastery in question and data analysis, answering techniques and error analysis. Students learn essential strategies such as how to identify key concepts and key phrases and to avoid common misconceptions and common pitfalls made when answering and analysing questions, thereby building their competence and confidence in completing the corresponding formative assessment tests.
- Worked examples demonstrate how essential skills and strategies are applied in answering questions, thereby building students’ competence and confidence in completing the formative assessment tests. Each test exposes students to a comprehensive range of common exam questions to ensure that they consolidate all the important key concepts through attempting questions of increasing difficulty. This will help students to reinforce conceptual understanding, learn how to accurately analyse and apply concepts and ultimately, achieve exam excellence.
|1||· The particulate nature of matter
· Experimental techniques
· Atoms, elements and compounds
|· Describe properties and structures of solids, liquids and gases in terms of particles
· Describe methods of purifying substances
· Describe structure and bonding in various elements and compounds
|2||· Acids, bases and salts
· Air and water
|· Describe properties and reactions involving acids and bases
· Describe methods of preparing salts
· Identify common air pollutants and state their sources and effects
|3||· The Periodic Table
|· Describe trends and group properties in the Periodic Table
· Describe properties, reactivity and uses of metals
· Chemical Energies
|· Apply stoichiometry concepts in chemical calculations
· Describe endothermic and exothermic reactions and interpret corresponding energy level diagrams
|5||· Chemical reactions
· Electricity and chemistry
|· Describe effects of various factors on rate of reactions
· Describe oxidation and reduction in reactions
· Describe products and observations made during electrolysis of common compounds
|6||· Organic Chemistry||· Describe properties of organic compounds such as alkanes and ethanoic acid
· Describe manufacture of organic compounds such as alkenes and ethanol
· Describe formation of polymers such as poly(ethene)
Exclusive Launch Promo (Limited Time Only!)
Enjoy a 10% early bird discount and exclusive bundle rates for 2 or more programme signups.
15% off for 2-programme signups
20% off for 3-programme signups
25% off for 4-programme signups
30% off for 5-programme signups
The discounts above will be automatically applied at checkout.
View full programmes below: