Young Topical Builders’ Series
Linear Graphs and Coordinate Geometry
For 11 to 13-year-olds
This module introduces the basic concepts of Linear Graphs and Coordinate geometry. The examples and questions provide a scaffold to help students see a connection between Algebra and Geometry through graphs of lines. This enables geometric problems to be solved algebraically and provides geometric insights into algebra. For Linear Graphs, students will learn how to plot coordinates, create straight line graphs and learn how to find the gradients to show the relationship between two variables. For Coordinate Geometry, students will learn about the Cartesian coordinate system how to read coordinates as well as some key formulae like the distance formula and midpoint formula etc.
Topics covered include:
• Linear Graphs
• Coordinate Geometry
• learn how to read math problems, identifying key words and concepts necessary to solve the problem
• learn how to avoid common pitfall when analysing and answering questions
• learn how to apply concepts to solve practical situations involving reading and analysing data from graphs
• participate in discussions via group work, games and activities
(Please note that all our lessons are conducted in English.)
12 sessions x 1 hour each
Frequency: 1 session weekly
S$240/full programme (Approximately RM744)
We offer a money-back guarantee* after the first session.
All our lessons are conducted online using Zoom.
Your child will get to interact with their teacher and classmates in real-time.
- Get 15% off for 1 module, use code earlybird
- Get 20% off for 2 modules, use code jul20off
- Get 25% off for 3 modules, use code jul25off
- Get 30% off for 4 modules or more, use code jul30off