Young Problem Solvers’ Series
Model Method and Problem Solving
For 8 to 10-year-olds
Solving word problems is an important basic skill in mathematics. Through word problems, students learn and understand math concepts using meaningful context. Students will be taught how to analyse problems, pick out keywords and identify the concepts. Students will also learn how to draw bars to represent quantities using the model method – a useful foundation to have before learning how to use letter symbols and formulate algebraic equations.
• draw models to represent and solve 6 types of math problems in Whole Numbers and Fractions
• draw proportionate models and label models accurately
• solve for 1 unit in the model
• use units in the steps to solve problems
(Please note that all our lessons are conducted in English.)
12 sessions x 1 hour each
Frequency: 1 session weekly
S$240/full programme (Approximately RM744)
We offer a money-back guarantee* after the first session.
All our lessons are conducted online using Zoom.
Your child will get to interact with their teacher and classmates in real-time.
- Get 15% off for 1 module, use code earlybird
- Get 20% off for 2 modules, use code jul20off
- Get 25% off for 3 modules, use code jul25off
- Get 30% off for 4 modules or more, use code jul30off