Young Writers' Series
Fundamentals of Story Writing
For 10 to 12-year-olds
Develop and train your child on the fundamentals of story writing through good plot-planning techniques. We work on strengthening and solidifying their writing skills with exposure to a variety of words and expressions. Your child will be writing compelling stories in no time.
Enjoy 10% off when you sign up with the code YEAREND10 and money-back guarantee offer.
(Please note that all our lessons are conducted in English.)
Every Mon & Wed
10am – 12pm
Beginning 6 Dec
We offer a money-back guarantee* after the first session. Sign up now.
All our lessons are conducted online using Zoom.
Your child will get to interact with their teacher and classmates in real-time.
Help your child build a firm foundation in composition writing today. Guided by our passionate teachers using engaging topics and visuals, your child can look forward to mastering the fundamentals of good story writing.
Here is what we will cover in our lessons in order to take your child’s writing to the next level.
- Plan a narrative story
- Brainstorm for different story ideas
- Write an effective introduction and rising action
- Craft a compelling climax
- Develop a fulfilling conclusion
- Analyse a piece of model writing
- Set a scene with 5 senses description
- Use show-not-tell to make their characters come to life
- Add interest to their stories with effective use of dialogue and character thoughts
- Use slow-motion to engage their readers
- Develop a logical and realistic story
- Identify the features of a science fiction story
- Analyse extracts from famous stories
- Brainstorm for creative science fiction ideas
- Develop fun and unique characters for a science fiction story
- Write a story using creative writing prompts